One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
The use of race or ethnicity as grounds for suspecting someone of having committed an offence.
- ‘He wrote and passed landmark legislation to end racial profiling among state law enforcement agencies.’
- ‘The truth of the matter is, we find racial profiling has a lot to do why African-American males are stopped in the first place.’
- ‘I am satisfied that there was no evidence of racial profiling.’
- ‘These hearings will focus on the practice of racial profiling as it affects a range of communities of color across the country.’
- ‘In fact, the international chiefs of police have said that these interviews are a fine example of racial profiling.’
- ‘The costs of the racial profiling crusade, warn these officers, are enormous.’
- ‘You become the target of racial profiling either while walking or driving.’
- ‘I'm entirely open to the argument that racial profiling is a counterproductive means.’
- ‘Critics called the practice racial profiling and police revised the testing.’
- ‘It would eliminate much of the excuse law enforcement has for racial profiling.’
- ‘In addition, racial profiling and other tactics scrutinize black people more than other groups.’
- ‘In addition, minority men are more likely to disapprove of racial profiling than their female counterparts.’
- ‘The headlines read that a new official policy bans racial profiling.’
- ‘He said that in order for racial profiling to be considered logical, it would have to pass a cost-benefit analysis.’
- ‘But instead of being applauded for a job well done, the agents are being accused of racial profiling.’
- ‘In June, the administration banned federal law enforcement officers from racial profiling in routine police work.’
- ‘We're still far from the ideal, as racial profiling and unequal incomes for women and minorities attest.’
- ‘In the last few months, the city council passed new laws to deal with what's become known as racial profiling.’
- ‘Officers who reject the idea of racial profiling are certainly in denial.’
- ‘After performing a song about the police and racial profiling, they were arrested and thrown in jail.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.