One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A horse bred, trained, and kept for racing.
- ‘But we also need to educate people because many don't realise what they are taking home when they buy a thoroughbred racehorse.’
- ‘In the United States, critically injured racehorses are humanely euthanized by lethal injection.’
- ‘A good dog, like a good racehorse, is a combination of breeding and training - speed, stamina and finishing is all.’
- ‘The higher the system is tuned, the more likely it is to break down: true of racing cars, racehorses and footballers.’
- ‘She used to own a share in a racehorse but now bets on other people's horses instead.’
- ‘His goal is to become a veterinarian, working with racehorses and eventually opening his own practice in his home community.’
- ‘Versatility is a trait not often seen in Thoroughbred racehorses.’
- ‘By using real racehorses and real jockeys, the film makers have brought a physicality that is often missing in these days of computer-generated effects.’
- ‘The day before we met in his Oxfordshire yard, he was given back his licence to train racehorses after an 18-month suspension.’
- ‘A database of potential homes for racehorses will be established.’
- ‘The drug is not viewed as a therapeutic agent in racehorses.’
- ‘All proceeds go toward the care and placement of retired racehorses.’
- ‘Earlier this month, a retired greyhound defeated a top racehorse to claim the crown of fastest animal in the racing world.’
- ‘The natural landscape has altered by the grass cutting that is essential for the racehorse training.’
- ‘The Irish horse person, largely, appears to have an entirely unsentimental view of racehorses, which is that they are racehorses first and last.’
- ‘He is passionate about horses and breeds thoroughbred racehorses.’
- ‘He was a very wealthy businessman in Britain, where he had Rolls Royce cars and the second largest stable of racehorses in the country.’
- ‘Noblemen founded stables and became interested in breeding thoroughbred racehorses.’
- ‘Racing is not a team sport - it's about the jockey and his relationship with the thoroughbred racehorse.’
- ‘All racehorses share an official birthday on 1 January.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.