One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A ground or track for horse or dog racing.
- ‘When I listened to his commentaries, I was in the Grandstand at whatever racecourse with him watching it in glorious colour!’
- ‘They also get a weekly newsletter with stable visits and racecourse trips also organised.’
- ‘The media expects all training gallops on a racecourse to be made public so gamblers are informed.’
- ‘This racecourse, which is the home of steeplechasing, is the greatest jumps racecourse on earth.’
- ‘Last year, the event was held at Goodwood racecourse and pitted Europe against the Middle East.’
- ‘Australian racecourses are encouraged ‘to make owners feel like royalty on race day’ and owners have gained a boost in financial incentives such as purses and appearance fees.’
- ‘Situated in Sussex, Goodwood is arguably the most picturesque racecourse in the UK.’
- ‘We look forward to working with the racecourses to maximize this opportunity for racing.’
- ‘Gatemen know me at any racecourse and I find that very nice indeed.’
- ‘Horse Racing Ireland has put together a rescue package to save one of the country's most famous racecourses, Punchestown near Dublin, from closure.’
- ‘There is to be a precautionary inspection at Exeter racecourse at 7.30 am tomorrow to decide if racing can go ahead.’
- ‘In early November, he sustained a minor injury at Flemington racecourse in his final career race.’
- ‘It is intended to have this unveiled at Ballybrit racecourse during the July race meeting this year.’
- ‘The following day she was a winner after taking her career debut at Hoppegarten racecourse in Germany.’
- ‘However, his link with the venue does not end there - he is also a director of Goodwood racecourse.’
- ‘Meanwhile, Ascot racecourse is to unveil their plans for a major redevelopment on Thursday.’
- ‘Up to 30 people turned up at Sligo racecourse last week to take on the challenge of running a mile in four minutes.’
- ‘A new horsemen's group is to be established by owners and trainers based in Great Britain with the intention of collaborating with racecourses over the sale of media rights and other joint commercial ventures.’
- ‘The seven-year-old is scheduled to prep for the race on Sunday in the Tenno Sho at Tokyo racecourse.’
- ‘The team will travel to Naas racecourse for a race meeting and dinner.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.