One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A supposedly inherited subconscious memory of events in human history or prehistory.
- ‘Bavarian and Austrian Catholics have always felt that they were a people apart and they have a race memory of a time when Germanic monarchs ruled the ‘Empire in the West’.’
- ‘But something in the nature of a race memory emerges in his work: its evocations of deserts, lost tribes, desolate suns.’
- ‘And you could probably typify both experiences as examples of the collective unconscious or race memory.’
- ‘AM I the only one left in the country now who is plagued by a race memory of the Big House?’
- ‘Call it race memory or the absorption of equine lore into the DNA of an entire nation, but it has always seemed to me that the Irish take their racing that bit more seriously than the British.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.