One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A small wild dog with a black facial mask and long brindled fur, native to the forests of southern and eastern Asia.
- ‘It comes initially from wild civets and raccoon dogs that are culinary delicacies in Southeast China.’
- ‘One important predator in the southern study area is raccoon dog, which has a preference for lake shores, and it may explain the negative effect of water area on the breeding success of Black Grouse.’
- ‘In May, they announced they'd found a corona virus that was 99% similar to the SARS virus in humans in six masked palm civets and a raccoon dog.’
- ‘Surveillance of the civet cat, raccoon dog, and related animals for coronaviruses in and beyond China is of importance.’
- ‘This study adds new data to the comparative genome map of the dog, red fox, arctic fox, and raccoon dog obtained recently by comparative chromosome painting.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.