One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘Unfortunately the rabidly right-wing rag (nice bit of alliteration there) has a circulation in excess of 2.4 million and a readership of over 6 million.’
- ‘Mention reverse mergers to investment professionals, and you'll get one of two reactions: they're either enthusiastically for or rabidly against them.’
- ‘But in reality, they are highly partisan - sometimes rabidly so.’
- ‘Can it be that we have got so rabidly paranoid about illegal immigration that we're now locking up children with no reason, apparently with the intention of deporting them as soon as possible?’
- ‘Every one of the game's leading practitioners holds an opinion, invariably rabidly positive or sneeringly negative.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.