One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
(in South Asia) the grain crop sown in September and reaped in the spring.
- ‘With a good monsoon, the kharif crop was buoyant and rabi is also expected to do well, going by the meteorological department's forecast of a prolonged winter.’
- ‘They gave wheat, barley and mustard at the time of the rabi and at the time of kharif, rice, pulses, beans, salt and chillies were collected.’
- ‘This has helped in solving the problem of drinking water, bringing some lands under rabi crops and generating employment opportunities.’
- ‘Farmers who had already lost their last rabi crops due to the scanty rainfall are now losing their kharif crops, which have been badly damaged due to non arrival of rains.’
- ‘There are two cultivation seasons: kharif, running from April to October; and rabi, running from November to March.’
- ‘But if you're a small farmer with one acre at one spot, you have no rabi crop at all every second year.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.