Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
1short for rhythm and blues
2A kind of pop music of black origin with a soulful vocal style featuring much improvisation.
- ‘Our sound is a crazy blend of hip hop, R & B and electronic sounds.’
- ‘This is not just urban, this is not just R & B, this is music for the soul.’
- ‘Chris has an eclectic taste in music and particularly enjoys rock, jazz, R & B and hip hop.’
- ‘Make no mistake, this is R & B for the late-night crowd, packed with lyrics that are designed to make your mother blush.’
- ‘British R & B, by contrast, has always seemed pallid and traditional.’
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.