One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
See quota sample
- ‘Although originally based on a block quota sampling method, since 1977 full probability sampling has been employed.’
- ‘In particular, although the quota sampling and weighting ensured that our sample was demographically representative of London, the low response rate means that some bias may have affected our data.’
- ‘We collected data on 20 healthy subjects between the ages of 20 and 69 who were recruited via a quota sampling procedure.’
- ‘What kind of sampling strategy will you employ (e.g. probability sampling, quota sampling, theoretical sampling, convenience sampling)?’
- ‘Participants were recruited using quota sampling, which attempts to construct a representative sample without random selection.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.