One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A sample taken from a stratified population by sampling until a pre-assigned quota in each stratum is represented.
- ‘A randomized quota sample of drivers from the general population was used for the control group.’
- ‘A stratification system based on population and census data created a modified probability sample in all centers with 1000 or more people and a quota sample in rural areas.’
- ‘Each participating practice drew a quota sample of patients aged 18 and over from their practice list, excluding patients deemed inappropriate - for example, those likely to be distressed by being approached to take part in the study.’
- ‘The poll was conducted amongst a national quota sample of 1,000 voters at 100 sample points in all constituencies in the state last Monday and Tuesday.’
- ‘More than that, they realised that their quota samples did not accurately represent the people who voted.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.