Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
A broadcast entertainment programme in which people compete in a quiz, typically for prizes.
- ‘For a quiz show that lasts half an hour the recording time will generally be a little over two hours.’
- ‘A survey for a television quiz show last week revealed that 23% could not say which country is divided from Britain by the Irish Sea.’
- ‘A trip to a Caribbean island may be a favorite prize for a TV quiz show, but it has never been my dream of a holiday.’
- ‘I'm hosting a quiz show, but I never considered myself a game show host.’
- ‘Just about every quiz show on television ends with some sort of vote to send a contestant packing.’
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.