One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘Many quilters use patchwork to create wall hangings.’
- ‘Whether folk artists or fine artists, contemporary quilters depend heavily on color and imaginative use of it.’
- ‘Many of these patterns - with descriptive names such as Log Cabin, Grandma's Fan, Double Wedding Ring and Broken Star - are still popular with quilters today.’
- ‘As the first major curated exhibit of its kind, the ‘Art Quilt Project’ of 1986 brought attention to the works of non-traditional quilters.’
- ‘One reason for the quilts' relative simplicity is purely practical: the quilters wanted to finish them reasonably quickly so that they could be used for their intended purpose - to keep warm.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.