One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A legally mandated period of time preceding and following a company’s initial public offering when the company is prohibited from promoting its stock by releasing information not otherwise filed with regulators.‘the analysts haven't yet released earnings estimates because of the quiet period after the company's IPO’
- ‘The loquacious CEO had just come off a months-long "quiet period" from his company's initial public offering.’
- ‘For his part, Marineau was unable to comment during the company's recent quiet period.’
- ‘Speaking of Spark, the pre-IPO quiet period is in full effect.’
- ‘For nearly nine months, cable execs have been in a quiet period in anticipation of a partial initial public offering.’
- ‘The company is in a quiet period ahead of a secondary stock offering.’
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.