One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A set of printed or written questions with a choice of answers, devised for the purposes of a survey or statistical study.
question sheet, set of questions, survey form, form, test, exam, examination, quiz, opinion pollView synonyms
- ‘Respondents are able to read the whole questionnaire before answering the first question.’
- ‘People from around the world will be able to answer questionnaires and add comments.’
- ‘Users were involved in the design of a questionnaire developed for one study.’
- ‘Copies of the two questionnaires and answer sheets were included with the letter to staff.’
- ‘Pupils placed completed questionnaires, identified by study number only, in sealed envelopes.’
- ‘Nurses trained for the survey went through the questionnaires to ensure that they were fully completed.’
- ‘A survey team will be handing out questionnaires on station platforms and trains.’
- ‘Understanding why this is the case and how it can be improved is seen to demand methods that go beyond questionnaires and surveys.’
- ‘A second limitation to our study is that the questionnaires were not counterbalanced.’
- ‘We thank the many women who completed questionnaires for this study.’
- ‘Our questionnaire was based on detailed questionnaires tested in England and Denmark.’
- ‘They will be asked to fill out questionnaires documenting details of their family history.’
- ‘Will it publish its questionnaire and advise us of the cross section of people it interviewed?’
- ‘The detailed content of each section was tailored according to the answers in individual questionnaires.’
- ‘The class then turned its attention to putting together sample questionnaires for the survey.’
- ‘We used a slightly modified version of the questionnaire tested in the preceding pilot study.’
- ‘Two linked questionnaires were designed to examine expected differences in the reporting of seizures.’
- ‘Interviews might be a useful adjunct to written questionnaires at follow up.’
- ‘Much remains to be learned about how respondents go about answering written questionnaires.’
- ‘Pupils have compiled traffic surveys and questionnaires to gauge the scale of the problem.’
Late 19th century: from French, from questionner ‘to question’.
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.