Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
[mass noun] A language for the specification of procedures for the retrieval (and sometimes also modification) of information from a database.
- ‘The SQL query language and the programming language Perl were used for sequence alignment and subsequence extraction.’
- ‘Structured query language is a common language for database applications like Microsoft Access, SQL Server, MySQL, Oracle and many others.’
- ‘XQuery is the official World Wide Web Consortium specification for an XML query language.’
- ‘However JOLAP's data and metadata management capabilities are not found in the XML API and, unlike XML for Analysis, JOLAP will provide a single data-manipulation and query language.’
- ‘One type of solution is to use musical notation or a musical transcription-based query language that permits a user to specify a tune by keying in alphanumeric characters to represent musical notes.’
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.