One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Strange or odd in appearance.‘a queer-looking, luminous form floated around in the air’
- ‘I have this strange affinity towards "queer-looking" things and creatures (I myself am odd at times).’
- ‘We passed a garden on the way that was filled with beautiful (some queer-looking) blooms.’
- ‘"He's a queer-looking chap, with his pale yellow skin."’
- ‘It was a heavy load for me to pack; and I have no doubt I made a queer-looking picture.’
- ‘The site is a circus of curiosities, from the queer-looking craft stalls to the life-size animal installations.’
- ‘In February 1929, a student paper reported that they had kept a severed dog's head alive for three and a half hours with "a queer-looking affair made of glass and rubber tubing".’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.