One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
1A cattle dog with a dark speckled body.
- ‘The breed became so popular among Queensland ranchers that it came to be known as the Queensland heeler or Queensland blue heeler.’
- ‘The Australian Cattle Dog was officially recognized by the American Kennel Club in 1980 and is sometimes referred to as the Blue Heeler or Queensland Blue Heeler.’
- ‘A Queensland blue heeler has very neat coloring and a rescue will use a photo of the dog to attract people.’
2A pumpkin of a slaty-grey variety.
- ‘This fall look in your local farmer's market for these varieties: Marina Di Chioggia, Rouge vif D'Etampes (Cinderella), Baby Pam, Baby Bear, New England Pie, Queensland Blue, Jarrahdale, Long Pie Pumpkin, Long Island Cheese, Winter Luxury, Lumina, and Valenciano.’
- ‘We selected the kangaroo rump roast served with Dobson Potatoes and Queensland Blue Pumpkin.’
- ‘Pumpkins are often ‘Blue Knobs’ or ‘Queensland Blues,’ very meaty and delicious.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.