One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
1A cattle dog with a dark speckled body.
- ‘The breed became so popular among Queensland ranchers that it came to be known as the Queensland heeler or Queensland blue heeler.’
- ‘The Australian Cattle Dog was officially recognized by the American Kennel Club in 1980 and is sometimes referred to as the Blue Heeler or Queensland Blue Heeler.’
- ‘A Queensland blue heeler has very neat coloring and a rescue will use a photo of the dog to attract people.’
2A pumpkin of a slaty-grey variety.
- ‘We selected the kangaroo rump roast served with Dobson Potatoes and Queensland Blue Pumpkin.’
- ‘Pumpkins are often ‘Blue Knobs’ or ‘Queensland Blues,’ very meaty and delicious.’
- ‘This fall look in your local farmer's market for these varieties: Marina Di Chioggia, Rouge vif D'Etampes (Cinderella), Baby Pam, Baby Bear, New England Pie, Queensland Blue, Jarrahdale, Long Pie Pumpkin, Long Island Cheese, Winter Luxury, Lumina, and Valenciano.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.