One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘Gillot in Colerique, with sharp movements and hot temper, was in her elements and led the company on to the finale with a queen-like authority.’
- ‘Ovaries were assigned categorical scores from zero (no visible oocyte development, filamentous) to three (fully developed, queen-like ovaries).’
- ‘It shows the Queen with orb and sceptre as emblems of her rule appearing queen-like rather than as an individualised subject.’
- ‘She sat in queen-like fashion on the kitchen stool, looking faintly disapproving and intent on examining her newly painted nails.’
- ‘This will give an indication of how queen-like the anarchistic worker-laid eggs are, because the viability of worker-laid and queen-laid eggs are similar, so any differences in persistence will be the result of egg removal.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.