One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A pudding made with bread, jam, and meringue.
- ‘That seldom seen in public great dessert, Queen of puddings, served with the obligatory raspberry and strawberry jam, not to mention clotted cream, slogs it out with bread and butter souffle and apricot ice cream.’
- ‘Late in the meal Pichon dropped by to say hi and insisted for dessert I have the Queen of Puddings.’
- ‘Queen of puddings is part of a large family of puddings based on sweetened milk thickened with breadcrumbs’
- ‘I made queen of puddings precisely once and years later still get begged to make it again.’
- ‘Make in the same way as Queen of Puddings, but add a mashed banana to the bread mixture.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.