One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
The widow of a king.
- ‘Demure, retiring but not shy, Lady Jane listened and learned, finding the happiness and warmth in the Queen Dowager's company she had never been given at home.’
- ‘Now a queen dowager in a foreign country she had barely begun to settle in, she was suddenly pushed into strict seclusion for 40 days.’
- ‘The Queen Dowager was also much taken with him, and presented him with a beautiful little watch.’
- ‘Later that year he married Margaret, queen dowager of Scotland.’
- ‘Further, she had additional income prised from the Church as well as her inheritance as queen dowager of France.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.