One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
The pre-eminent city of a region.‘it was the undisputed Queen City of the entire Eastern Shore of Maryland’
- ‘Known as New Rome and the Queen City, it had been built to impress, its magnificent public monuments, decorated with statuary set in an elegant classical urban landscape.’
- ‘A two day journey saw the group landing at Auckland, the Queen City of New Zealand and the country's largest metropolis, with nearly one million residents.’
- ‘It's a historic day in the Queen City as the National Underground Railroad Freedom Center officially is dedicated.’
- ‘More than a week has passed since the University of Cincinnati pushed its relationship with basketball coach Bob Huggins to the brink, and things are getting ugly in the Queen City.’
- ‘Well, I was visiting my relations in the warm, down-home community of Springfield, MO, Queen City Of The Ozarks.’
- ‘Now, with artistic director Jean-Pierre Bonnefoux and co-associate artistic directors Patricia McBride and Jerri Kumery, the company is proving to be the artistic jewel in the crown of this Queen City.’
- ‘The transaction spree caught folks off guard in the Queen City and had fans dreaming of joining the division's upper crust.’
- ‘Ohio University has published a catalogue of the museum's permanent exhibition entitled The Cincinnati Wing: The Story of Art in the Queen City.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.