One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
The pre-eminent city of a region.‘it was the undisputed Queen City of the entire Eastern Shore of Maryland’
- ‘The transaction spree caught folks off guard in the Queen City and had fans dreaming of joining the division's upper crust.’
- ‘Well, I was visiting my relations in the warm, down-home community of Springfield, MO, Queen City Of The Ozarks.’
- ‘More than a week has passed since the University of Cincinnati pushed its relationship with basketball coach Bob Huggins to the brink, and things are getting ugly in the Queen City.’
- ‘A two day journey saw the group landing at Auckland, the Queen City of New Zealand and the country's largest metropolis, with nearly one million residents.’
- ‘Known as New Rome and the Queen City, it had been built to impress, its magnificent public monuments, decorated with statuary set in an elegant classical urban landscape.’
- ‘Ohio University has published a catalogue of the museum's permanent exhibition entitled The Cincinnati Wing: The Story of Art in the Queen City.’
- ‘It's a historic day in the Queen City as the National Underground Railroad Freedom Center officially is dedicated.’
- ‘Now, with artistic director Jean-Pierre Bonnefoux and co-associate artistic directors Patricia McBride and Jerri Kumery, the company is proving to be the artistic jewel in the crown of this Queen City.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.