One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
(in the UK) a Scout who has reached the highest standard of proficiency.
- ‘Chris and his wife Janet will attend the parade of 2,000 Queen's Scouts at Windsor Castle on April 27, traditionally attended by a member of the Royal Family.’
- ‘Members wanted while working towards their Queen's Scout Award and other badges to also work on the DoE, and now in Keighley they are doing just that through monthly meetings at the Parkwood Young People's Centre.’
- ‘The group boasts a proud history with two members taking the two highest honours in the scouting movement, the Queen's Scout Award and the Chief Scout Award, in the last ten years.’
- ‘Accompanied by the Duke of Edinburgh, she reviewed 550 Queen's Scouts who have gained the movement's top award for personal achievement.’
- ‘Jamie was Head Boy at school, a Queen's Scout and someone who helped old ladies across the High Street whether they wanted to cross or not.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.