One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
(in the UK) a Guide who has reached the highest rank of proficiency.
- ‘Three gained Gold Cords, 31 became Queen's Guides and seven gained the Baden-Powell Trefoil Award.’
- ‘Sophie's role will include chairing the council of Girlguiding UK, presenting members with the Queen's Guide Award, and informal duties.’
- ‘All four Queen's Guides from Brentford and Chiswick are still involved in Guiding in the area.’
- ‘This year two Abrolhos Ranger guides, Susie White and Michelle Craig were among a handful in the State to be awarded the prestigious Queen's Guide award.’
- ‘She is working towards the Queen's Guide Award - the highest award in Guiding - while completing her gold Duke of Edinburgh Award Scheme.’
- ‘Whilst taking a Commonwealth Badge for her Queen's Guide, Sam bakes the examiner some Indian Chapati Bread.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.