One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Each player's bishop on the queen's side of the board at the start of a game.
- ‘Should I try knight to king three or king's bishop to queen's bishop five?’
- ‘Similarly, it is determinate that a queen's bishop cannot capture the opposing queen's bishop, but there is something weird about asking if the queen's bishop is smarter than the opposing queen's bishop.’
- ‘I think that this led to my opponent's claim during the post-mortem that this move ‘loses’ and that 12… b6 would be better for Black because he would be able to develop his queen's bishop.’
- ‘White can then attempt to exploit the premature development of Black's queen's bishop by following up with Qb3.’
- ‘A good rule of thumb is to make White commit his Queen's bishop to the center behind the pawn chain and then close it up.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.