One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘UK growth will continue into 2005; even with queasiness among consumers, growth should be above 2.5% next year.’
- ‘Earlier this year Norwegian researchers found feelings of nausea and queasiness are due more to anxiety and depression than stomach problems.’
- ‘Many women struggle with queasiness, nausea or vomiting in early pregnancy.’
- ‘This gentle layering of queasiness takes the material and the language of our day and finds it not just self-sufficient, but immensely powerful: it is here, and in other poems like it in this collection, that Robertson is at his best.’
- ‘My biggest concern was whether I was going to get seasick but the only queasiness I felt was on about day three, when we encountered sea-state seven, with swells up to 8m high bombarding the ship.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.