One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘My biggest concern was whether I was going to get seasick but the only queasiness I felt was on about day three, when we encountered sea-state seven, with swells up to 8m high bombarding the ship.’
- ‘UK growth will continue into 2005; even with queasiness among consumers, growth should be above 2.5% next year.’
- ‘Earlier this year Norwegian researchers found feelings of nausea and queasiness are due more to anxiety and depression than stomach problems.’
- ‘Many women struggle with queasiness, nausea or vomiting in early pregnancy.’
- ‘This gentle layering of queasiness takes the material and the language of our day and finds it not just self-sufficient, but immensely powerful: it is here, and in other poems like it in this collection, that Robertson is at his best.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.