One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘Winnemucca's failure to successfully connect with pro-Indian political groups is attributed to the personal hatred of one Indian agent, rather than her own well-documented quarrelsomeness or her policy position.’
- ‘The Celts were characterized by quarrelsomeness, both within the tribe and in their indulgence in inter-tribal warfare.’
- ‘From all the corners of the old political world, the rebels against the Matrix are gathering force; only their fragmentation and quarrelsomeness make them, for the moment, not completely formidable.’
- ‘Dr. Young has found that taking tryptophan can affect human social behavior, decreasing aggression, irritability and quarrelsomeness.’
- ‘In the weeks that followed, I tried to pick up their trail - and found most people confine them to the fringes of cities or the wilderness, seeing them as layabouts addicted to drink and drugs and quarrelsomeness.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.