One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
treated as singular The branch of mechanics that deals with the mathematical description of the motion and interaction of subatomic particles, incorporating the concepts of quantization of energy, wave–particle duality, the uncertainty principle, and the correspondence principle.
- ‘For Doppler cooling, we need another detail from quantum mechanics, and a bit of relativity.’
- ‘His interests range from astrophysics and quantum mechanics to mathematical puzzles and games.’
- ‘On the other hand, in quantum mechanics you will deal more with algebraic techniques.’
- ‘What happens when we add quantum mechanics to the analysis of classical black holes?’
- ‘One of the bizarre paradoxes of quantum mechanics is that elementary particles can exist in two or more states at the same time.’
- ‘Even a biologist must trust what a physicist says about quantum mechanics.’
- ‘Firstly, it consistently embodies both special relativity and quantum mechanics.’
- ‘String theory's claim thus allows quantum mechanics to incorporate gravity and do so successfully.’
- ‘In the answer to this question lies the whole key to quantum mechanics.’
- ‘In fact, it is arguably the most important fundamental concept behind all of quantum mechanics.’
- ‘This implies that we will always have uncertainty in any system, not just in quantum mechanics or in mathematics.’
- ‘The theory that describes atoms and their constituents is quantum mechanics.’
- ‘In 1976 I began investigating what quantum mechanics might have to say.’
- ‘The second question, of course, was rendered questionable by quantum mechanics.’
- ‘The entire field of quantum mechanics owes much of its existence to the study of angular momentum.’
- ‘According to the laws of quantum mechanics, these electrons may exist only in certain states.’
- ‘It can be said that Heisenberg's quantum mechanics has made possible a systemization of spectra of atoms.’
- ‘We know from quantum mechanics that nothing is real, except for the observations themselves.’
- ‘So with growing trepidation, I searched through my past writings on quantum mechanics.’
- ‘His official courses were on quantum mechanics, classical mechanics, and complex function theory.’
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.