One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A field theory that incorporates quantum mechanics and the principles of the theory of relativity.
- ‘He worked on atomic collisions, astrophysics, low-temperature physics, atomic and nuclear physics, thermodynamics, quantum electrodynamics, kinetic theory of gases, quantum field theory, and plasma physics.’
- ‘Physicists originally had a lot of trouble reconciling relativistic quantum field theory with the weak interaction that is responsible, for example, for what is called beta decay of neutron into proton, electron and neutrino.’
- ‘Quantum electrodynamics, and its expansion to the electroweak Standard Model of particle physics, is also a quantum field theory.’
- ‘Black hole radiation, known as Hawking radiation, comes about because relativistic quantum field theory is invariant under Lorentz transformations, but not under general coordinate transformations.’
- ‘In quantum field theory, the behaviors and properties of elementary particles can calculated using a series of diagrams, called Feynman diagrams, that properly account for the creation and annihilation of virtual particles.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.