One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
treated as singular A quantum field theory in which the strong interaction is described in terms of an interaction between quarks mediated by gluons, both quarks and gluons being assigned a quantum number called ‘colour’.
- ‘The theory of the strong interaction between quarks - quantum chromodynamics - is approximately invariant under what is called charge symmetry.’
- ‘Then similar wisdom was applied to the strong nuclear force to yield quantum chromodynamics, or QCD, and this theory was also renormalizable.’
- ‘The theory of strong interactions, known as quantum chromodynamics, is well-developed and consistent with experiments, although it is not easy to test it very precisely.’
- ‘Everyone agrees that the fundamental theory of the strong interaction is a quantum field theory known as quantum chromodynamics, or QCD for short.’
- ‘Today the other three forces are described by the gauge theories of quantum chromodynamics and quantum electrodynamics, which together make up the Standard Model of particle physics.’
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.