One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
The basic unit of information in a quantum computer.
- ‘This is a quantum bit, rather like a computer's zero or one binary digit, but with an important difference: a qubit can be in two different states at the same time.’
- ‘Quantum computers require a different kind of error correction because a quantum bit, or ‘qubit,’ of data exists as a simultaneous combination of one and zero.’’
- ‘Some scientists are trying to design artificial ways of replicating quantum information; what I'd like to do is find a natural and simple mechanism for taking a quantum bit of information and copying it.’
- ‘Quantum information investigates the result of basing information theory and practice on quantum physical notions of the world where, for example, a qubit, a quantum bit, can happily be both on and off.’
- ‘The researchers reported a quantum bit rate error of one percent, which was kept low by the ability of the system to compensate for fluctuations in the phase and polarisation of the light.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.