One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Form into quanta, in particular restrict the number of possible values of (a quantity) or states of (a system) so that certain variables can assume only certain discrete magnitudes.‘light is quantized into packets of energy’
- ‘Only now are we trying to quantize the theory to make it compatible with the other forces.’
- ‘The hydrogen atom was stable because the possible energy states of the electron in the atom are quantized by the rule’
- ‘In quantum mechanics, angular momentum is quantized.’
- ‘The various modes of motion are quantized, meaning that only certain discrete energy states are possible.’
- ‘Loop quantum gravity is a way to quantise space time while keeping what General Relativity taught us.’
Approximate (a continuously varying signal) by one whose amplitude is restricted to a prescribed set of values.‘distortion is caused when very low-level audio signals are quantized’
- ‘They know quadraphonic, quantizing on the dimensional level of making the atmosphere and the soundwaves and frequencies coincide and exist along with the frequencies in the music.’
- ‘To ensure noise measurements on digital carriers (PCM systems) are valid, a holding tone must be transmitted to operate the compander and quantizing circuitry in its normal operating range.’
- ‘The coefficients of these block approximations are then quantized and stored in the output file.’
- ‘Truncating the embedded bitstream associated with any given code-block has the effect of quantizing the samples in that block more coarsely.’
- ‘Fuzzy drum samples come clearly banged out on a sampler in lo-fi analog glee - no digital quantizing is stifling these joints.’
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.