One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
The hypothesis that changes in prices correspond to changes in the monetary supply.
- ‘If these two variables were assumed to remain constant, then the simple quantity theory would predict the price level to change in proportion to a change in the money supply.’
- ‘These essays show, however, that he clearly subscribes to the quantity theory of monetary history, although he does not address any of the criticisms which have been levelled against it.’
- ‘The correlation between price level and money supply is determined by the quantity theory of money.’
- ‘Traditionally, classical economists supported the quantity theory of money as explaining price levels.’
- ‘Even among those who had previously espoused the quantity theory, almost no economist linked the economic recovery to growth of the money stock.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.