One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
With regard to the quantity of something rather than its quality.‘effects of variation in temperature were assessed quantitatively’
- ‘Differences between the urban and suburban girls were analyzed quantitatively as well as qualitatively.’
- ‘Our submission is that they were quantitatively different but not qualitatively different.’
- ‘There is a need to quantitatively and objectively summarize the findings of related studies.’
- ‘Activities are assessed both qualitatively and quantitatively on a periodic basis.’
- ‘The bias is quantitatively important, but seems to be slowly decreasing over time.’
- ‘Various aspects of the bid were to be compared quantitatively.’
- ‘They are difficult to measure quantitatively and difficult to investigate.’
- ‘Quantitatively, a fuel-poor household is often defined as one needing to spend in excess of 10 per cent of the household income on fuel to achieve a satisfactory level of heating.’
- ‘Such hypotheses have rarely been quantitatively evaluated with direct measures of disease-related mortality.’
- ‘One of our goals is to explore this issue quantitatively in order to resolve this ambiguity.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.