One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
With regard to the quantity of something rather than its quality.‘effects of variation in temperature were assessed quantitatively’
- ‘They are difficult to measure quantitatively and difficult to investigate.’
- ‘Differences between the urban and suburban girls were analyzed quantitatively as well as qualitatively.’
- ‘Our submission is that they were quantitatively different but not qualitatively different.’
- ‘There is a need to quantitatively and objectively summarize the findings of related studies.’
- ‘Quantitatively, a fuel-poor household is often defined as one needing to spend in excess of 10 per cent of the household income on fuel to achieve a satisfactory level of heating.’
- ‘Activities are assessed both qualitatively and quantitatively on a periodic basis.’
- ‘Various aspects of the bid were to be compared quantitatively.’
- ‘The bias is quantitatively important, but seems to be slowly decreasing over time.’
- ‘One of our goals is to explore this issue quantitatively in order to resolve this ambiguity.’
- ‘Such hypotheses have rarely been quantitatively evaluated with direct measures of disease-related mortality.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.