One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
The introduction of new money into the money supply by a central bank.
- ‘Talk to any thoughtful economist and they will tell you that they have no idea how to assess the likely impact of quantitative easing.’
- ‘The Fed is also planning quantitative easing, basically increasing the money supply.’
- ‘All four of those countries, unlike other major economies are expected to avoid debasing their currencies by moving towards quantitative easing.’
- ‘The other big fear among investors is that the deficits could be made worse by the policy of quantitative easing.’
- ‘It ended both quantitative easing and its zero interest rate policy only in 2006.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.