One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A person who analyses a situation or event, especially a financial market, by means of complex mathematical and statistical modelling.‘Wall Street firms are hiring large numbers of quantitative analysts’
- ‘The report includes emails from a quantitative analyst for the bank in which he explained how he could rearrange its modeling procedures to mask the ballooning risk inside the chief investment office.’
- ‘Those 10 stocks are part of a list prepared by a quantitative analyst with CIBC World Markets, determined on the basis of currency sensitivity and stock returns.’
- ‘My client has assembled a world-class team of quantitative analysts and infrastructure developers from the world's top educational and research institutions.’
- ‘He began his career in 1998 and has held positions as a performance and risk analyst and worked as a quantitative analyst at Capital International.’
- ‘Your role as a quantitative analyst will involve developing and managing the firm's complex high frequency trading system.’
- ‘He began his career in the '80s as a trader and a quantitative analyst for firms like UBS and Credit Suisse.’
- ‘I'm currently working with a prestigious tier 1 investment bank that is looking for an exceptional quantitative analyst to cover their derivative models across the entire investment bank’
- ‘Statistical modeling techniques that businesses use to find customers helped quantitative analysts predict the results of this month's U.S. elections with stunning accuracy.’
- ‘Most recently his commercial experience includes working as a Quantitative Analyst for Credit Suisse and Standard Bank of South Africa.’
- ‘This is an ideal opportunity for a relatively experienced quantitative analyst to move into a front office position with a major global investment bank.’
- ‘Some quantitative analysts reject the idea markets are either driven purely by mood or purely by traditional factors, seeing the two in a symbiotic relationship.’
- ‘In a past job, I was a quantitative analyst for an asset manager that had a life insurance company as a client.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.