One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
The expression or measurement of the quantity of something.‘the quantification of damages is difficult’count noun ‘quantifications were performed to obtain mean values’
- ‘The aim of the thesis is to produce quantifications of the behaviour of the models.’
- ‘This allows the quantification of initial damage.’
- ‘Enough familiarity with quantification theory is assumed to handle the very elementary quantificational concepts involved.’
- ‘However, a precise quantification cannot be made because of the small size of the bands and the level of baseline noise.’
- ‘The ambiguity can be resolved by quantification of the noun: He bought several premises, a number of premises, three new premises.’
- ‘There has been no quantification of the specific risks for which pollution prevention is needed.’
- ‘Quantification procedures are being reconsidered in determining workload, and more creative ways of rewarding faculty for their time and effort are being advanced.’
- ‘Accurate identification and quantification of these factors will certainly give more credence to results of empirical research.’
- ‘This is the standard quantification in online learning analysis.’
- ‘He calls for the quantification of what can reasonably be expected of today's students in three years.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.