One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Either of two Australian trees.
- ‘Says Jurgen: ‘Three plants in Central Australia, with an index of seven, are already under pressure because of camels: the quandong, the bean tree and the curly pod wattle.’’
- ‘Colorful quandongs have a wide variety of edible uses.’
- ‘Camel was on the menu, as well as broadbill, kangaroo tail, emu, crocodile, native leaf salad, quandongs and kakadu plums.’
- ‘The Copley bakery cafe serves the best quandong pies you will ever taste.’
- ‘The cassowary evolved amid the Wet Tropics, thriving on figs, quandongs, and other distinctive fruits.’
Mid 19th century: from Wiradhuri.
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.