One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘He begins his account by detailing the apparent triumph of the evangelicals within Quakerism during the early to mid-nineteenth century.’
- ‘This chapter too contains some conceptual difficulties, not least of which is that the anti-materialism voiced by single Quaker women was actually a basic tenet of Quakerism embraced by men as well.’
- ‘Michael Haykin has researched the serious damage caused by Quakerism.’
- ‘In his presentation on the Baptist sects, Weber explores the similarities between Calvinist doctrine and Quakerism.’
- ‘We know that from the earliest decades of their enslaved sojourn in North America, some Africans converted to Christianity, e.g., Congregationalism, Anglicanism, and Quakerism.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.