One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
1A distribution of electric charge or magnetization consisting of four equal monopoles, or two equal dipoles, arranged close together with alternating polarity and operating as a unit.as modifier ‘the quadrupole moment’
- ‘For this protein, representation of its electrostatic properties by a quadrupole moment seems more appropriate.’
- ‘Motions that change the quadrupole interaction while an echo is being formed contribute to echo decay.’
- ‘The two populations differ in their averaged quadrupole splitting and in their 2 H chemical shift values.’
- ‘Such simulations can, however, display rapid small amplitude motions that modulate the quadrupole interaction about its average.’
- ‘The deuterium quadrupole echo spectra of the two samples are presented in Fig.7.’
- ‘Lowering the temperature appears to substantially shorten the quadrupole echo decay time of the prominent doublet component.’
- 1.1 A device using a quadrupole arrangement directed at one point to focus beams of subatomic particles.
- ‘The plot in Fig.2 has a striking qualitative similarity to the observed NMR quadrupole splittings.’
- ‘In Q-Tof mass spectrometers ions are focused by a radio frequency lens before transmission to the quadrupole.’
- ‘We have used a microfabricated planar quadrupole as a test bed for evaluating DEP-based traps, using polystyrene beads as a model for cells.’
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.