Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
The large muscle at the front of the thigh, which is divided into four distinct portions and acts to extend the leg.‘front squats place more emphasis on the quadriceps’
- ‘The barbell squat involves all four muscles of the quadriceps group, located on the front of the thigh.’
- ‘The deep branch innervates the quadriceps muscle, knee joint, and medial ligament.’
- ‘You also use lower-body muscles including your quadriceps, hip flexors and gluteus maximus.’
- ‘Atrophy of the vastus medialis obliquus portion of the quadriceps muscle also may be noticeable.’
- ‘Bilateral thigh pain or weakness with atrophy of the iliopsoas, quadriceps, and adductor muscles also may be present.’
Mid 16th century: from Latin, literally four-headed.
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.