One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
An unmanned helicopter having four rotors.‘a quadcopter which flies autonomously using only the computing power of a smartphone’
- ‘Camera-equipped quadcopters are turning out to be a great way to explore places that humans can't be.’
- ‘I would build a quadcopter that can autonomously carry a can of beer from the kitchen to the lounge.’
- ‘Five subjects were able to successfully pilot the quadcopter quickly and accurately for a sustained period of time through an obstacle course in the university's gymnasium.’
- ‘A remote-controlled quadcopter, outfitted with tinsel and mistletoe, paid a visit to Union Square, where unsuspecting San Franciscans and tourists were prompted to pucker up.’
- ‘You can also buy a quadcopter geared up with safe technology enabling three different flight modes to suit to the requirements of different pilots.’
- ‘Usually, quadcopters are steered by humans, or they send their data to a powerful earthbound computer, which then returns the necessary control signals.’
- ‘He says the quadcopters, which measure less than a foot in diameter, take off from autonomous ocean vehicles, which serve as miniature aircraft carriers.’
- ‘Depending on weather conditions, a battery operated quadcopter can cover a distance of nearly 100 square kilometers in one day.’
- ‘This improved software could help reduce the impact of an unplanned landing or steer the quadcopter to a safe place to crash.’
- ‘Quadcopters and other drone-type devices are being put to good use by researchers, conservationists, game wardens, and wildlife biologists.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.