One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A motorcycle with four large tyres, for off-road use.
- ‘Property stolen includes equestrian equipment, trailers, quad bikes and garden tools usually stored in outbuildings.’
- ‘The machine called Matilda is constructed of a trailer drawn by a quad bike and has been used at ploughing matches.’
- ‘The boot space takes the luggage of a family of four, excluding quad bikes.’
- ‘Goods purchased in this way include sofas, motorcycles and quad bikes.’
- ‘He has had a couple of quad bikes and a petrol scooter before.’
- ‘Fifty nine cars are entered, 35 quad bikes, 25 motorcycles and one truck.’
- ‘They hope that this will help to prevent further damage by off-road vehicles, motorbikes, quad bikes and 4x4s.’
- ‘There will also be quad bikes and a 4x4 off-road area where visitors can drive vehicles.’
- ‘At each farm he stole Suzuki, Ferguson and Honda quad bikes and trailers.’
- ‘We have had quad bikes and off-road bikes roaring past the garden centre, right through our car park.’
- ‘At Plane Tree Hill, Yeadon, they have also helped to stop the illegal use of motor and quad bikes.’
- ‘For kids, the fun includes myriad rides, giant tubes, a mini train, quad bikes and camel and pony rides.’
- ‘I started to notice as I went to and from work that there were one or two regulars riding on quad bikes.’
- ‘Hooligans on quad bikes and motorcycles who terrorise neighbourhoods face anti-social behaviour orders.’
- ‘It took four months to put the quad bike together.’
- ‘Keep your quad bike well maintained, making regular checks to tyre pressures, brakes and throttle.’
- ‘We looked up and saw lads at the side of the ground revving up their quad bikes and motorcycles.’
- ‘Some of the best times we had together were spent riding quad bikes off road, up hills and across rivers.’
- ‘Up to fifteen youths in the estate have quad bikes and nowhere to use them.’
- ‘The grass is being ruined by the vans and lorries and by the travellers' quad bikes.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.