Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
- trademark for methaqualone
- ‘In college, pursuing the zombie lifestyle, he washes down a dozen Quaaludes with Jack Daniels.’
- ‘But for a really sexy tranquilizer you got to try Quaaludes.’
- ‘It makes Quaaludes look like Flintstones chewable vitamins.’
- ‘People were doing these death drugs from harmless marijuana and LSD to heroin and PCP and Quaaludes.’
- ‘Flipper had a Vietnam veteran guitarist and played tragically funny dirge music, hardcore punk on Quaaludes.’
1960s: an invented name.
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.