One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A Chinese system of physical exercises and breathing control related to tai chi.
- ‘To real Buddhists or Taoists or exponents of qigong, the Falungong is a joke, if not an insult.’
- ‘The neijia schools give priority to psycho-physical training and qigong (mastering of qi).’
- ‘Thousands of Tai Ji Men practitioners demonstrated qigong and performed dance and choral pieces.’
- ‘Discover tai chi, qigong and meditation for health.’
- ‘It is actually a form of qigong, a traditional Chinese practice of exercise and meditation for the cultivation of mind, body and spirit.’
- ‘If you are interested, the YMAA has some truly excellent publications on qigong.’
- ‘The book starts with a basic overview of the Chinese philosophy and history behind tai chi and qigong.’
- ‘For examples, see Ayurvedic medicine, therapeutic touch, reiki, and qigong.’
- ‘Tiger Woods reportedly practiced qigong - the foundation of tai chi - as a young golfer growing up in Los Angeles.’
- ‘Internal Qi is developed by individual practice of qigong and it is more beneficial for self-help health promotion.’
- ‘Doing qigong exercises, prana, or Taoist alchemy will cause your hands or other parts to grow hot.’
- ‘He's been trying qigong, which uses visualization to try to improve health.’
- ‘I no longer practice kung fu but practice qigong on a daily basis and also the 3 main internal arts.’
- ‘He returned to Indonesia with books and tapes on Falungong but told no one in his qigong exercise group.’
- ‘The goal of qigong is to bring the qi energy of traditional Asian medicine under the control of the mind.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.