One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A salt or ester of pyrophosphoric acid.
- ‘Calcium pyrophosphate deposition disease, also known as pseudogout, is a very common entity.’
- ‘Bisphosphonates are synthetic versions of pyrophosphate, a salt that the body manufactures to help with the metabolism.’
- ‘Wait 20-30 min to allow the stannous pyrophosphate to circulate throughout the body.’
- ‘Geranylgeraniol is distributed as a pyrophosphate ester in the envelope and thylakoid membranes of chloroplasts.’
- ‘Calcium carbonate and calcium pyrophosphate are ingredients in toothpaste.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.