Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
A salt or ester of pyrophosphoric acid.
- ‘Bisphosphonates are synthetic versions of pyrophosphate, a salt that the body manufactures to help with the metabolism.’
- ‘Calcium carbonate and calcium pyrophosphate are ingredients in toothpaste.’
- ‘Wait 20-30 min to allow the stannous pyrophosphate to circulate throughout the body.’
- ‘Calcium pyrophosphate deposition disease, also known as pseudogout, is a very common entity.’
- ‘Geranylgeraniol is distributed as a pyrophosphate ester in the envelope and thylakoid membranes of chloroplasts.’
We take a look at several popular, though confusing, punctuation marks.
From Afghanistan to Zimbabwe, discover surprising and intriguing language facts from around the globe.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.