Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
A salt or ester of pyrophosphoric acid.
- ‘Geranylgeraniol is distributed as a pyrophosphate ester in the envelope and thylakoid membranes of chloroplasts.’
- ‘Wait 20-30 min to allow the stannous pyrophosphate to circulate throughout the body.’
- ‘Calcium pyrophosphate deposition disease, also known as pseudogout, is a very common entity.’
- ‘Calcium carbonate and calcium pyrophosphate are ingredients in toothpaste.’
- ‘Bisphosphonates are synthetic versions of pyrophosphate, a salt that the body manufactures to help with the metabolism.’
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.