One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A person suffering from pyromania.‘a ten-year-old pyromaniac’
arsonist, incendiary, firebomberView synonyms
- ‘But he never took the blame, fingering those fictitious pyromaniacs.’
- ‘Long into the night this chicken burned, spitting sparks and smoke, a beacon for pyromaniacs and madmen everywhere.’
- ‘The pyromaniacs were at play, led by the Stratton brothers, stoking the fire with gasoline and kindling.’
- ‘Following this, pyromaniacs and criminals in Detroit saw it fit to start multiple fires yearly on October 30.’
- ‘The national press has been pushing stories about arsonist and pyromaniacs and the need to instil harsher penalties.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.