Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
[mass noun] Decomposition brought about by high temperatures.‘steam pyrolysis of hydrocarbons’[as modifier] ‘a pyrolysis furnace’
- ‘The rate of both reactions increased at higher temperatures of pyrolysis.’
- ‘Rock eval pyrolysis permits evaluation of this observation.’
- ‘A large part of the experiment's success comes from Laine's flame spray pyrolysis fabrication process.’
- ‘The second system, which is newer and has not been tried extensively, is known as pyrolysis or gasification.’
- ‘NeoPhotonics specializes in a laser-reactive deposition technique, similar in some ways to flame pyrolysis.’
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.