Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
[mass noun] Decomposition brought about by high temperatures:‘steam pyrolysis of hydrocarbons’[as modifier] ‘a pyrolysis furnace’
- ‘A large part of the experiment's success comes from Laine's flame spray pyrolysis fabrication process.’
- ‘The rate of both reactions increased at higher temperatures of pyrolysis.’
- ‘The second system, which is newer and has not been tried extensively, is known as pyrolysis or gasification.’
- ‘NeoPhotonics specializes in a laser-reactive deposition technique, similar in some ways to flame pyrolysis.’
- ‘Rock eval pyrolysis permits evaluation of this observation.’
We take a look at several popular, though confusing, punctuation marks.
From Afghanistan to Zimbabwe, discover surprising and intriguing language facts from around the globe.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.