One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A dense, destructive mass of very hot ash, lava fragments, and gases ejected explosively from a volcano and typically flowing at great speed.
- ‘Even scarier and more destructive than volcanic mudflows are pyroclastic flows or glowing avalanches.’
- ‘The eruption has been characterized by lava dome extrusion, dome-collapse pyroclastic flows and explosive activity.’
- ‘The pyroclastic deposits mainly consist of block-and-ash, blast, tephra fallout and secondary pyroclastic flow deposits.’
- ‘And they also say there's a potential danger from pyroclastic flows.’
- ‘They may be buried in place by inundation of sediment or even by lavas or pyroclastic flows.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.