One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A dense, destructive mass of very hot ash, lava fragments, and gases ejected explosively from a volcano and typically flowing at great speed.
- ‘Even scarier and more destructive than volcanic mudflows are pyroclastic flows or glowing avalanches.’
- ‘And they also say there's a potential danger from pyroclastic flows.’
- ‘The eruption has been characterized by lava dome extrusion, dome-collapse pyroclastic flows and explosive activity.’
- ‘They may be buried in place by inundation of sediment or even by lavas or pyroclastic flows.’
- ‘The pyroclastic deposits mainly consist of block-and-ash, blast, tephra fallout and secondary pyroclastic flow deposits.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.