Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
- ‘The tune and the Kiss-like pyro are the same, yet his entrance gets a bigger pop now than ever before.’
- ‘I'm watching my house burn to the ground because my little sister is a pyro.’
- ‘As for the pipes and the pyro, rest assured that the man responsible was removed from his post the very next day.’
- ‘Eternity's a long time to spend with pyros in red pajamas with pitch forks, yeah.’
- ‘All of us laughed again, because Nathan was a total pyro freak.’
- ‘Bo was making her way over the fire, her pyro side starting to take over when a shirtless boy nearly ran into her.’
- ‘Otto shrieked out, jumping on his pyro brother.’
- ‘Shane used the name Nuke, being the pyro guy and all.’
- ‘They include history's most tattooed man, Lucky Diamond Rich, and Toronto-based pyro daredevil Fireguy.’
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.