Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
A pyrethrin or related insecticidal compound.‘don't confuse it with pyrethroids such as permethrin’as modifier ‘pyrethroid insecticides’
- ‘The three types of pesticide used in preparations are organophosphates, carbamate and pyrethroids.’
- ‘The other insecticides are pyrethroids and should not be incorporated.’
- ‘We subjected these vectors to larval bioassay using two popular pyrethroids viz deltamethrin and permethrin.’
- ‘Many of these are again pesticides such as compounds of organophosphorous, pyrethroids or carbamate.’
- ‘In general, compounds known as pyrethroids and neonicotinoids were the best performers, according to the researchers.’
We take a look at several popular, though confusing, punctuation marks.
From Afghanistan to Zimbabwe, discover surprising and intriguing language facts from around the globe.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.